Wednesday, March 11

Bloggy blog blog. Take 1.

So, I decided that for this first round of "Best of Blogs," I would just jump right in to my freebie topic instead of delving into the world of serious, public affairs blogs, as I could use a laugh after this week.

In fact, the need for laughter quickly became my theme for this assignment, as all of my choice blogs for this round were picked because I generally find them hilarious for one reason or another.

The first blog, entitled "Tard-Blog", is a chronicle of the life of Riti Sped, a former special education teacher, as it applies to her students and the daily occurrences she faces in class. The blog seems to serve as a platform through which she can vent her daily frustrations in a healthy (according to me) way.
Despite numerous typos, a complete disregard for political-correctness and very informal structure, I absolutely love to read this blog. At times, I have sat down to read a post or two of Riti's rants, only to find that I was still reading hours later, until I simply ran out of material.
There is almost no post on this blog that has failed to make me laugh until I cried upon reading--laughing being perhaps my all-time favorite thing to do. And it is Riti's natural grasp of timing and knack for incredibly vivid descriptions that keeps the laughs coming and effectively keeps me reading and even re-reading her blog.

I have been a long-time fan and avid reader of the Dilbert comic strip and it didn't take me long to realize, in his short introductions to his compilations of strips or other office-themed books, that I would read anything Scott Adams ever chose to write. I enjoy his voice and how effortless it seems for him to write such cleverly funny things so much that I would read his grocery lists.
So when he started a blog and I found out, it was certainly a joyous occasion for me.
Adams' blog is equipped with various sidebars, connections to his comics and other interactive additions, unlike the blog of Riti Sped which is quite plain with just links to her archived posts, which makes for an ever more enjoyable online experience where a reader can easily navigate to other related interests.

For my final blog choice, I have recently become a fan of the poetry of Anthony Bourdain, professional Travel Channel "foodie" and host of the show "No Reservations." While I fawn over Bourdain's airy gift for verse while he does his voice-overs on the show, I always understood that it may be the result of the time he's allotted to carefully construct what he wants his audience to hear. But his blog revealed that his voice and grace for language is all his own and it's simply how he thinks, speaks and writes naturally. Even when he writes something I disagree with or I find a comment of his unnecessarily harsh, I still loved reading it because of his way with words and ability to turn a phrase.

I highly recommend you click on those links if you have a healthy sense of humor, a little time and an appreciation for the english language at its finest. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment